Thursday, July 30, 2009

I just bought Sims 2 OFB and now my custom content won't show up unless it's a recolor of

Okay, I just bought Sims 2 OFB, I previously just had Deluxe (Regular+Nightlife) and University. Now none of my custom content will show up unless it is a recolor of an original Maxis item. If I try to enter a neighborhood or a house with custom content the game freezes and terminates. All of my clothes/hair/etc. still show up but none of my items. I checked and I have custom content set to be on/displayed. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?



I just bought Sims 2 OFB and now my custom content won't show up unless it's a recolor of a Maxis Mesh. A fix?

Hi,



Sometmies when you instal a new expansion pack you have to re-enable the custom content. If a screen hasnt popped up asking you to do this go dig around in the options and there should be a choice to enable the CC. You then have to reset the game before it take effect.



Check you downloads folder, if the CC is still all there then this should work.



If it doesnt work, and your cc is still in the folder, try removing it then adding it back. I dont mean re-downloading it, just actually moving it to a new folder then back into the downloads one.



If this doesnt work, then there is some kind of conflict with your cc. Try downloading the sims 2 pack clean installer and sims 2 filemaid. This will allow you to check your cc without the game running, and filemaid automatically puts downloads in the right place.



If that doesnt work, go to mod the sims 2 and ask there as there are people who know way more about the game than I do!



I just bought Sims 2 OFB and now my custom content won't show up unless it's a recolor of a Maxis Mesh. A fix?

You may have custom content that is causing conflicts with the game. A lot of the custom meshes cause conflicts with content that is standard to the game.



You have to figure out which CC(s) are causing the problems. Start by removing half of it to another folder and launching the game. If the game works fine, close the game and then add a few more CCs back into the download folder. It's going to be a tedious process to do it this way if you have a lot of content.



You can either try to re-download the custom content that is causing the problems (hopefully the creator will have updated it so it is not causing the problem any more) or you may have to live without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment